Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Monday, September 10, 2012

What I am doing today

Good morning!  I made my to-do list last night and have been working my way through it.  
I've got the laundry started,  did my Bible reading, a T-Tapp routine and walked Theo.  
thankfully, one load was already in the dryer and another in the washer when I took this picture.  

Volunteer Zinnias

I planted several kinds of zinnias from seed in the early spring and they grew and bloomed beautifully.
But the long stretch of 100+ temperatures we had in July and August just burned them up.
I pulled up those dry plants but they apparently left some seeds behind as there several 100 of these tiny zinnias that have sprouted in my flower beds and are just starting to bloom.
I think I am just going to keep them watered and let them bloom wherever they want to until the first frost comes.
What a blessing to get flowers where I was not expecting to!
Pansies and mums are very nice for fall but I will have zinnias.


I've also got some dirty floors to deal with
beans cooking in the crockpot
carrots from church to deal with
and several sewing projects to do.

This kind of post is pretty much what I have planned for this blog.
I would love to show you my sweet family in pictures ( they are really adorable)
but I can't .

Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

7 comments:

  1. I love the title of your new blog! That verse is one of my favorites!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    I love your new home. I so understand. I am very careful with the pictures I post too.
    I enjoyed our chat.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theo,
    You look handsome in your picture.
    Wugs,
    Miss Candi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rhonda, I'm so happy I found you! I looked on Elizabeth's blog and lo and behold, I was able to get you through her blog! Great thinking of getting around the 'bad people'! I need to do something, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting on my blog. I was just wondering how I would follow you again! You have brought up a good point about safety...I will have to ponder that idea and my own public posts on the web!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you started another one! Blog world wouldn't be the same without you!!! I also like the title. I love zinnias but with our drought didn't get any out. Thanks for contacting me and letting me know about your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I found you again! I do understand why you started another blog without family photos.

    I enjoy "everyday" posts like these so I'll like reading here!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!