Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Friday, October 26, 2012

Cricut Challenge - Orange and Black Halloween

Halloween is not my favorite time of the year though I do know children love to dress up and I will pass out candy to the children who come to my door.
I don't ever do anything scary- no scary movies or TV shows for me.  My children think it hilarious that I have never even watched all of The Wizard of Oz because the bad witch near the beginning of it always was so unpleasant to me,  I left the room then.  

This year,  I made a Halloween decoration because I want to use my Cricut paper cutting machine more and  I started following a blog that has a craft challenge each week.
Last week's was to use a farm animal.
This weeks is to make a orange and black Halloween project. 

Well,  I told myself when I found this challenge blog that I was going to join in every week 
but I don't like Halloween and I don't do scary 

Still,  I like what I came up with.  



recycled jars- insides are painted with a mix of craft acrylic paint and Elmers school glue
I used Cricut cartridge Christmas for the branches.
All the other cuts are from Cricut cartridge Storybook. 
The cuts are from cardstock and adhered with Mod Podge.  

This was a thrifty project- 
old jars,  paper scraps,  old candles
I did not have orange paint so I mixed red and yellow paint that I did have and got a nice enough orange.  


with candles burning inside

These are in my front window and visible from outside.  
I put the designs on both sides so they can be seen from inside and outside that window.  

This is not an original design by me- I saw many similar ones on Pinterest.  

11 comments:

  1. These jars are so cute! A Cricut is on my wish list. Maybe Santa will bring me one this year!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very clever idea, Rhonda! I am on the other side with scary movies. I love them, but I end up watching them alone since DH hates scary movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project! Good for you doing something out of the box for Halloween even if it is not your fav holiday! They turned out amazing and they light up so well! Thanks for joining us over at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute!!! We do not do Halloween either. Love the candy thought;-)

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jars are so cute! Great job on those.

    My daughter used be scared of the bad witch in the Wizard of Oz when she was little. The movie Gremlins still scares her!

    We don't have huge amounts of kids come by. Most are involved in parties at their churches and the town has a big indoor, safe trick or treating, games kind of thing on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like you....no Hallowe'en celebrated here. I would hand out candy and for years did buy it but no children came to the houses/apartments. These days I no longer buy the candy as I would have to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda, I like these. I don't do Halloween either but these are just nice for fall as well. Very 'crafty'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute jars and a great new use for the Cricut. I need to use mine more often as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great projects! They look fabulous when all lit up from within!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to learn how to use my cricut! Thanks so much for linking up last week, we'd love to have you back!
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!