Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tuesday's bargains

 I did a little shopping after the Thanksgiving lunch since I was in town and had no grandchildren in tow.

One grocery store had Red Gold tomatoes very cheap.  You had to buy exactly 10 and they took $5.00 off the sale prices.  Today was the third trip I've made to this store during the sale cycle so I ended up with 30 low cost containers of tomato products.  
 The 5 pounds of flour was 99 cents- limit one
 salsa was 69 cents a jar
tomatoes and green chilis - just like Rotel brand but even better in my opinion- 29 cents.  

I would of liked to get a lot more at those low prices but with the limits, 
 I am happy with what we could purchase.  




Then I stopped at my favorite thrift store. 
 Last week,  I found little baby pants for my youngest grandson,  
a Dress Barn ultrasuede skirt for me and 
some toys for the oldest grandson.  
This week,  I found  a very cute Gymboree dress and top and 2 pairs of shoes  
all for our oldest granddaughter-
 it was all $5 plus tax.  

about the shoes - I don't buy used shoes but I will buy new shoes at a thrift store. 
 Some of the shoes there do look worn already but many times, 
 there are very nice ones that have not been worn at all.  


2 comments:

  1. Great deals!! When there is a super sale many times I drag huuby along with a buggy of his own so we can double our savings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did awesome! The Garage Luncheon sounds like it was delicious! Your rolls look so good. I just printed off your Magic Blondies; my family will love them! I so enjoy your posts; I read every one!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!