Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pinterest - Cricut project

Some of my goals for 2013 are to do at least 1 Pinterest project every week 
and to join in the with the weekly Cricut challenge at Fantabulous Cricut. 
This week's Cricut challenge is to  make an organizational project using your cricut
Mine was easy as I combined both into one easy quick project.  

I saw a pin to cover a cereal box  in scrapbook paper with magnets glued on the back and then put on the side of the fridge. The pin said it was a great place to put the mail pile or bills and keep that junk pile off the counter.


I used a cracker box as it would be right size to organize and contain an assortment of note pads we get from some Veteran groups we support.
I cut it along the middle and ended up with mine about a 4.5 inch square.

I reinforced the box with  a few strips of masking tape.
Then I covered it with gift wrap paper.  
With my Cricut,  I used Storybook to make the black square with the scalloped border.
Designer's Calendar has the string around the finger reminder on it.

Rather fitting for the things I write on slips of paper, right?  


the magnets on the back for some heavy advertising magnets that I got from my daughter.  One was almost as big as the back of my box but just for some extra strength,  I added more magnets pieces to cover the back.  
I used E6000 to glue the magnets to the box.


I like this so much on the fridge,
I think I will make a bigger next!

Joining the party at - and hoping to do this challenge every week of 2013

11 comments:

  1. I don't have a Cricut but that's a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, that would even be something nice to make as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I so need one of these, what a great idea--gotta love Pintrest!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your organization project. Looks great & I love the decoration/cut you chose. Thanks for sharing with us on the FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing organisational box love the cut too, thanks for sharing with us on our crawl at FCCB this week so much fun !! xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really neat ideas! Great use of materials on hand and I love that you made it a general size. It's perfect!

    Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your link on FCCB. Great idea! Looks like your resolutions are off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, love how you repurposed a cracker box, TFS !! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda, that is so cute! I am still trying to decide what to make.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!