Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Thursday, April 25, 2013

April coupon challenge part 5

Sorry that this current update is not the least bit impressive. With a 2 week old grandbaby, company, a cold that really slowed me down and local sales that just were not what we needed, I have not done much shopping at all.  My plan was to show a realistic month of coupon savings and I guess that is what it is turning out to be.

Saturday, I went to Dollar Tree. They had a bin full of these Olay bars of soap. I used $1 coupons on each one so they only cost the sales tax.


Then on Wednesday,  I tried CVS.    My husband really likes these higher end razors.  They were on sale with coupons from Sundays paper.  When you buy $25 of the Schick, you get back a $10 ECB.
At the scanner,  I got a $3 off any vitamin purchase and I have been wanting to try Biotin.  Lori says it is good for her hair and Betsy says it makes her nails strong and healthy.  I'll let you know how it works for me.
My total was about $31 and it would of been less if I could find the ECB I got on my last visit-


I also got a few things at Walmart.  I forgot to take the cereal coupons I wanted to use but did see that my store sells them and will get them next time.
I printed off 4  $1 coupons for any BeechNut Stage 4-5 toddlers foods.  They even had pictures of this product on them but only one would scan at the Walmart register.  The cashier is one that I have shopped with many times and is coupon friendly so she manually entered them.
I think each little pouch was 97 cents,  so I just had to a pay a few cents sales tax.

My new solution so I don't keep losing my ECBs from CVS.  I wrapped it around my CVS card and secured it with a paper clip.

My post last week on homemade rags was featured on Thinktank Thursday by Carrie at Saving 4 Six
Thank you Carrie!  


I'll am  linking up again with
and these other fun parties
Wednesday:
Thursday

4 comments:

  1. great job! where did you find the beech nut coupons? I try to stock up on those things when i can for my daughters. they love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=O3CIV5F5NCTPC

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like your shopping looks like mine :) I too got those Beech Nut packages. We don't have little ones so I plan on putting them in muffins, I will see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did great!

    And you know what...I shave my legs with those exact razors. I love them.

    Hope you like the biotin. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!